Adobe After Effects CS4 Intermediate
Adobe After Effects is a powerful software tool for visual effects and motion graphics. You can use After Effects’ tools to create dynamic designs for broadcast, web, DVD and film. This course will help you master the concepts and features to the program. It includes many advanced features, including tips and tricks using the latest version. We also recommend this course for those planning to obtain the Adobe Certified expert status.
Who Should Attend
Regardless of your industry, everyone can benefit from this informative and exciting class. Individuals who will be preparing documents for intranet or internet use will find lots of useful tips to get the most out of Acrobat 8. New features will be discussed and hands-on exercises will give the student the ability to see the many features of Acrobat 8 Professional in action.
Because of the amount of material we cover in class, we do require students to be comfortable using a mouse, opening and saving files, and the general operations of computers. While we will make every reasonable effort to help, students with insufficient skills may be required to observe the class lessons or do their best to keep up without slowing down the rest of the class.
What You Will Learn
- Layer and Property Relationships
- Parenting, including working with null objects
- Simple pickwhipping
- Converting audio levels to keyframes and using the resulting keyframes in an expression
Continue to use expressions throughout this class and the next class to get students thinking about ways they can incorporate expressions into their normal workflow
- Layer blend modes, including Shift+plus and Shift+minus keyboard shortcuts
- Track mattes, the T switch and stencils
- Adjustment layers, with effects like levels and hue/saturation
- Keying with the Keylight Effect
- Compound Effects (effects that use multiple layers), including compound blur, displacement map and gradient wipe
- Precomposing and Nesting